So where has Karah been? I haven’t posted since I posted the Jonas Brothers review, which was almost a week late at that.
Well here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Lisa, my long-time friend from London who is also known as my co-writer on some of my old fan fiction, came to visit for two weeks and I took a whole week off of work.
- That Wednesday after Lisa arrived, she, Julia and I went to see the Backstreet Boys here in Atlanta and went to the after party.
- On top of the concert, Lisa and I did a lot – The Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola, Zoo Atlanta, the Natural Science and History museum, the “Gone With The Wind” museum, and pretty much every mall around here.
- I took the first week Lisa was here completely off work, but worked pretty much half days the rest of the time.
- Lisa and I also did the Atlanta Movie Tour Hero tour where we went around to a lot of the Avengers filming locations around Atlanta and even some “Hunger Games” and saw Tyler Perry Studios.
The two weeks have been two of my favorite ever because Lisa and I had been friends for over 10 years and never met one another in person. Julia and Lisa have known each other for like 15 years and never met in person.
These past two weeks have reminded me how lucky I am to have the friends that I have. Not just Julia and Lisa, but all of my ride and dies that I usually travel with. We can be friends outside of the Backstreet Boys fandom, even though the Backstreet Boys is what brought us together.
We’ve never expected something out of one or another. We never used one another. We’ve never talked shit about one another behind the others back.
For the most part, the Backstreet Boys fandom has been great to me, especially when it comes to introducing me to my best friends. I’ve always tried to help people make their dreams come true, such as meeting their favorite BSB, because others have done the same for me. Kind of like a pay it forward-type thing.
But sometimes you just learn who people really are and are reminded just how good you have it with your best friends and friends that you know are there through thick and thin.