1. The movie is named after the song that AJ and Kevin wrote for your children. What are you going to tell them about the movie and your past as a group one day when they sit down to see it?
The song is important to us, and we think it reflects the underlying theme of our career. We have consistently showed the world (and even at times ourselves) what we’re made of.
2. While you were filming the movie and talking about old issues from before, did it reignite any former bad blood that still carries on within the group today?
We are all older now, and we have come a long way. There are, of course, a few issues that come to a head that you’ll see in the movie… but we’ve all grown up a lot.
3. Are you prepared for the world to see these raw moments that are in the movie, such as the fight between Nick and Brian? How have you prepared yourself for the feedback not only from fans, but from the critics?
We are putting a version of ourselves out there that no one, not even our fans have seen before. It does take a bit of preparation. But it is a part of our story.
4. Was there ever a time during filming that you wondered if the cameras should stop filming? (From @Jhie0730)
We’ve grown to believe that the moments you feel like the cameras should stop filming are the moments that should be filmed. We’re happy we stuck to that, because it made for moments that made the movie.
5. How did visiting each other’s past change how you interact with each other now?
It definitely reminded us where we all came from, and helped us rebuild the connection we had when we were younger.
6. What was the hardest thing that you guys had to reveal in the movie? Whether as a group or individually? (From @SweetAlexaLove)
Brian’s vocal issues – it’s been hard seeing him go through it and knowing there’s not much you can do to help. We didn’t want to really discuss it until he was ready.
7. AJ mentioned on the cruise that there would be a soundtrack with unreleased songs. Is that still going to be released? (P.S. If it is, you guys can totally throw in audio of the harmonizing from the movie trailers…. it’s beautiful).
We know you guys want one so we’re seeing what we can do 😉
8. After watching the movie, what is your favorite moment that you’re glad you have on film to relive?
As emotional as it was, the hometown visits really brought the five of us together not only as a band but also as friends. We had heard about these places from each other, but getting to experience them first hand was a whole different story.
9. Besides releasing the movie overseas and your upcoming International shows this year, what else do you guys have planned? We know that pretty much all of you are releasing or working on solo material. And everybody has asked… will there be a Backstreet Boys cruise in 2016 since there isn’t one this year?
You’ll just have to wait and see 😉
10. And finally, will you guys be creeping on Twitter and Instagram to see what fans say about the movie?
Of course, your opinion matters the most 😉
Thanks to the crew behind promoting “Show ‘Em What You’re Made Of” and the boys’ team, along with the boys for helping make this possible.