I try not to make any new year resolutions. I always fail at them. And I’m not even going to do a 2016 year in review this year because I’d rather forget the second half of it.
But, I’m going to try and do a few new things this year, or get back to the old me. This is how I’m going to do it:
- BLOGGING: I’m going to try to get back to blogging more. I miss it. I realized the other day that I had gone over a month without blogging. How crazy is that? That’s probably a first. Sure, I know this site isn’t Boys on the Block, and I don’t want it to be. I’m content with writing about Backstreet Boys for their official site. I can still do the other stuff here. I want to do that. More writing about what I watch on television or reviewing books or things.
- DEPRESSION BYE BYE BYE: I’ve caught myself getting depressed a lot more toward the end of last year and my doctor helped with that, but I want to do things that make me happy, whether it’s writing or just going and driving around Atlanta. My trip to the hospital and my night on the 7th floor helped me realize that I need to slow down a little. It’s just my life has been so stressful since my mother got sick.
- HAVE FUN: Whether it’s going to the mall and walking around or driving halfway across north Georgia to meet up with a friend and see a movie, I’m going to do it.
- WEIGHT: I’ve lost almost 30 pounds since last January without really trying and I want to try and lose at least 20 more. I’m going to try to start going to the gym here at my new apartment as soon as I get better from this hospitalization. I hit my step goals everyday and think that I’m going to up them a thousand.
- BE A BETTER PERSON: I’m trying, I really am. I tend to say things that get me in trouble or I say things without thinking first, but I’m getting better at it. I want to be a better daughter and a better friend.
So yeah, those are things I want to work on in 2017.