First off, my name is Karah-Leigh, but most people call me Karah. I’m mostly known in the Backstreet Boys world as a fan fiction writer. I’ve been doing that since 1999.
Writing about the Backstreet Boys helped me find my love of writing and led me to my career as a journalist. I’ve won awards for my sports columns, my designs and my concert photography. Right now, I tend to do a lot of Entertainment reporting, but let’s face it, I can’t write and talk about Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block 24-7 so with the suggestion of one of my editors, I made this site.
So here’s a few things about me.
- Nick Carter is my favorite Backstreet Boy, if you didn’t realize that by now.
- I saw the Backstreet Boys on May 1, 1998 at Grad Nite at Walt Disney World and became a fan that night when Nick looked at me and sang, “Am I Sexual?” I said yes and the rest is history.
- I have two cats named Piper and Phoebe.
- I love stoner movies so when Backstreet Boys were in “This Is The End,” I was ecstatic.
- New Kids on the Block were my first childhood loves. I finally got to meet them in June 2013.
- AJ wore a shirt I gave him at a concert that I designed. It said “Fuck the haters in the fucking eye.”
- I used to have a freelance job as a concert photographer and have gotten to shoot the boys for work. I’ve also interviewed Howie.
- I was asked in April to be a part of two Nick & Knight webcast (one Google plus chat and the Huffington Post chat where I was the only fan on there).
- I suffer from chronic migraines that hit me like a shark attack.
- I was a video production major in college with a minor in creative writing and print journalism.
- New Kids on the Block were my first concert in 4th grade.
- I went on the 2011 cruise. I’ll also be going on the 2014 cruise.
- While I’m a Nick girl, I also have AJ and Kevin tendencies. On the New Kid side, I’m a Donnie/Joey girl with Jon/Jordan tendencies.
- I dropped out of college for depression and went to way too many “Now or Never” shows.
- My dream is to interview Nick or Donnie.
- You can follow my personal account on Twitter @Princess_Karah. 🙂